The purpose of this roadway improvement project is to increase capacity and safety improvements for vehicles, bicyclists and pedestrians through the Centerville Turnpike corridor.
The scope of services for the project includes:
- Design of roadway and drainage improvements to widen the road to four 11-foot travel lanes, provide a raised median and curb and gutter, 4-foot bicycle lanes, 5-foot concrete sidewalk, and 8-foot asphalt sidewalk for pedestrian users.
- Complete a Master Drainage Study of Watershed 12 (Stumpy Lake), to include existing facilities, assessment of tail-water conditions, consideration for sea-level rise, and development of proposed improvements to the watershed.
- Incorporate results of the Master Drainage Study into the design of the stormwater conveyance system for Centerville Turnpike Phase III as well as the design of stormwater management facilities that consider both water quantity and quality.
- Prepare all required environmental permitting documents, coordinate agency review, and secure necessary permits from appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Complete Traffic Analysis Study of project area to support permitting and design activities including Access Management Study and signal warrant analysis.
- Design new and upgraded traffic signals as required.
- Design of relocated public utilities including City water and sanitary sewer facilities including connections as necessary to HRSD facilities, preparation of maintenance of service plans.